tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 29 18:37:42 1996

Re: KLBC: *IRA*

At 09:19 PM 25/6/96 -0700, ghunchu'wI' wrote:
>ghItlh beHwI"av:

>>nuq DaQublu 'e'
>
>"...what you are thought that?"  This doesn't work for a couple of reasons.
>The pronoun {'e'} is always used as the object of a verb, never as the
>subject (TKD 6.2.5).  Using the verb suffix {-lu'} means there isn't a
>definite subject anyway, and the prefix {Da-} then means that "you" is the
>object; {nuq} can't also fit in the object slot.

I actually meant "what toughts do you have, but the sentance you made is better.

>How about this: {nuq DaQub} "You think what?" or "What do you think?"

>>maj
>
>"...fine."  Not quite fine.  I don't think a subordinate clause fits very
>well attached to an exclamation; there probably should be a "real" verb here.

What would you suggest?

>>tlhIngan HolwIj vIjatlh
>
>"I speak my Klingon language."  This comes out much more awkward in
>English than it is in Klingon; I understand it just fine.  Perhaps the
>word {qeq} would work as well.

Ggrrr,
tlhIngan HolwIj vIqeq
wIjatlhmoHbogh jIjatlh (I speak which causes us to (converse) speak)

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level