tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 28 10:01:06 1996

Re: Klingon Cards

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Jonathan M Donenberg wrote:

> 	What if KLI was to create a deck of cards that was completely
> klingon? It wouldn't be too hard, since cards only have numbers, and the
> tlhIngan-Hol system of numbering is not hard to learn or long to write
> (at least not 2-10)? with a deck in existence, we could modify countless
> games from english to klingon, as well as create new ones. It would offer
> newcomers, veterans, and even passers-by a fascinating glimse into
> klingon culture and language, much as american games reflect american
> culture......

	I used to have a deck of cards with Russian words/phrases and
their English translations (picked it up when I was in the US Army).  How
about doing one of those for tlhingan Hol?  Doesn't do anything for
grammar, but it's a great way to reinforce vocabulary.

David A. Terhune			[email protected]
http://www.uccs.edu/~dterhune/		finger for PGP public key

qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD.

Back to archive top level