tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 25 14:21:37 1996

Re: Klingon Cards

> wa'					1
> cha'					2
> wej					3
> loS					4
> vagh					5
> jav					6
> Soch					7
> chorgh				8
> Hut					9
> wa'maH				10

They are the easy ones.  You would use the kli mapping for numbers
when it is actually printed, though.

> mang  (soldier)				Jack
> be'nal ta'  (wife of emperor)			Queen

I've been killed for questioning word order this year, but isn't the above
"Emperor of wife"?

> ta'  (Emperor)				King
> jen law' Hoch jen puS  (the highest of them all) 	Ace

Besides, this seems much too long.  There's probably a better way to do this,
especially considering numerous games do not have Ace as the high-card.

{nIvwI'} /superior one/ would be much nicer, methinks.

> If anyone thinks this is a good idea and/or has better names for
> Jack-Joker, please post 'em to the list!

Joker would just be {qoH} /fool/.

Though I don't think posting to this list would be a very good idea.  This
is rather off topic.  I may have saved /my/self by using a few tlh-H words
in here, but maybe not..

Qapla'

voqHa'wI'

Back to archive top level