tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 27 15:33:36 1996

Re: moveing [KLBC]

ghItlh Andre:
>This gave me the following problem with the sentence "Sandra and
>Andre have a new address":
>- If I'd say "Sandre and Andre" is the "and" word je or a 'ej

The use of {'ej} is for joining two *sentences*, and {je} is for joining nouns.
Since Sandra and Andre are nouns, you need to use {je}.  You must also remember
that the 'and' comes after the nouns: {Sandra Andre je} not {Sandra je Andre}.

>- With "a new address" is address in this case SoQ ? and how do I
>translate the new in this case. (I can't find this one in the
>TKD)

{SoQ} is used as 'adress' when you are giving a speech (like the Gettysburg
Address).  How about {juH} (home) or {Daq} location?

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu

Back to archive top level