tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 27 15:25:01 1996

Re: Today is a ... [KLBC]

ghItlh ~mark:
>Maybe "May today's death be good" with the subject moved before the verb
>like we sometimes see in fossilized toasts with -jaj?  Still not as good as
>the ones that have been discussed.  There's a FAQ (perhaps a bit out of
>date) on the FTP site on this perennial question.

There is some difficulty in finding a good translation for "Today is a good day
to die", but in TKW, Marc Okrand uses (It is a good day to die)  {Heghlu'meH QaQ
jajvam} which I translate as "This day is good for one to die". If you are
looking for a more exact translation, how about {Heghlu'meH jaj QaQ DaHjaj}
"Today is <a> good day for one to die"?

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu

Back to archive top level