tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 26 19:56:34 1996

Re: Appropriateness (was Re: RotterdamDaq qep'a)

Ben Warren writes:
>Speaking of Hol (and to justify this post), I have a simple Hol question:
>
>Could "jI (I) + Har (believe) + be' (not) = yIHarbe' (I do not believe)"?

No way.

It could, however, be {jIHarbe'} -- notice the first letter.  :-P
But be careful: {jI} doesn't just mean "I".  It's a verb prefix that not
only means the subject is "I" but that there is no object.  By using it,
you have basically said something like "Believing is not something I do."