tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 26 19:04:46 1996

Re[2]: Appropriateness (was Re: RotterdamDaq qep'a)

Andre Seesink writes:
>          Oke, I now realize what I've done with sending this message about
>          the RotterdamDaq qep'a.

maj.  bIyajmo' jIQuch.  DaH tlhIngan Hol'e' wIqelqa'laH.
Fine.  I'm happy that you understand.
Now we can return to discussing the Klingon *language*.

>          I'd like to say this about it (it
>          directly a good way to check my first klingon sentence, gimme
>          some):

lu'.  Sure!

>          maj. jItlhIj, pItlh'a
>          good. I apologise, but it's done.

The first two-thirds are pretty good.  However, "but" is a separate word,
not a suffix.  "But done!" would be {'a pItlh} or {'ach pItlh}.

I'm not sure {pItlh} is all that appropriate here; it works, but {rIntaH}
seems better to me.