tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 16 09:44:45 1996

Re: verengan qoghDu'

In a message dated 96-06-16 01:32:13 EDT, Ken Traft wrote:

>>verengan qoghDu' ghaj SoSlI'!  nuqDaq ghaH Daje'pu'?
>
>First time I've heard this one.

That's 'cause I just invented it.

>I love it!

Thanks!

>Should the second sentence have
>been  "nuqDaq bIH Daje'?"  --  Where did you buy them?  Or if aspect was to
>be indicated, would "-ta'" have been a better choice.

The translation was intended to be: "Your mother has Ferengi ears.  Where did
you buy her?"  It was supposed to be two insults in one.  Thus, {nuqDaq ghaH
Daje'} is correct.  I was wondering whether or not I should include {-pu'} or
{-ta'}.  They weren't really necessary, but since the action of buying was
definitely complete, I figured it couldn't hurt.  Perhaps I should have
chosen {-ta'}, but I was rather unsure of whether the buying had been
completed intentionally.  I suppose it was.  If I use this insult again, I'll
leave off the aspect completely.

bISovbejbe'DI' tImer.

>Let me know if I am asking too many questions!  I'd like to take the
>opportunity for feed back as much as possible.

naDev bItlhobtaH 'e' vItungHa'!  'ach tlhIngan yuQDaq yItlhobtaHqu'Qo'.
 pIHchoH.

I encourage you to ask many questions here!  However, on a Klingon planet,
don't ask too many questions.  They'd become suspicious.

If you want some feedback on your grammar, though, put "KLBC" in the subject
header of your e-mail, and ghunchu'wI' will take a look at it.

I'll leave this for ghunchu'wI'; I don't feel quite right in taking over his
appointed task.
>vay'vaD  vuvHa'  vIHechbe'chu'.     poHvaD  Dochmey puS  vIyu'.
>tutuv 'e' vItlhobqu'   'ej  tuyaj 'e'  vItlhobqu'.    muquvlaH  neH  Hoch
>qIchgrachmey.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96459.1

Back to archive top level