tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 16 09:44:38 1996

Re: thursday:today

In a message dated 96-06-16 01:31:13 EDT, Kenneth Traft wrote:

>Should I be using "<< >>" to enclosing Klingon words and sentences in an
>English paragraph?  I want to get the rules straight, thanks.  I've learned
>much, but I need to learn more!!!

There really aren't any "rules" for doing this.  If you watch for a while,
you'll see that each of us uses a different method.  For example, I use a
system which is a combination of what I've seen on this list, and my own
ideas.  When writing in English, I enclose {tlhIngan Hol} with the
curly-brackets.  When I write in Klingon, I put Klingon quotations in <>'s,
and I'll use these for English words, too.  Sometimes, I'll put English words
(in Klingon sentences) in double quotes, depending on my mood.

As long as you think what you're writing is clear, do it however you like!

SuStel
Hovjaj 96459.0

Back to archive top level