tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 15 22:23:32 1996

verengan qoghDu'

DTrimboli  wrote:

>verengan qoghDu' ghaj SoSlI'!  nuqDaq ghaH Daje'pu'?

First time I've heard this one.  I love it!    Should the second sentence have
been  "nuqDaq bIH Daje'?"  --  Where did you buy them?  Or if aspect was to be
indicated, would "-ta'" have been a better choice.

My gut feeling is that the sentence would be better if aspect were not used
(Where did you bought it.)  Although, I get iffy knowing this is a "mu'qaD"
and the aspect "-ta'" would lend "intent" to the purchase of the ears for his
mother.

As a side note --

Let me know if I am asking too many questions!  I'd like to take the
opportunity for feed back as much as possible.  I do have ideas on most of the
things I ask, but I need to know if my understanding is flawed.  Criticism
from you all does not seem to come hard from what I've seen thus far.

vay'vaD  vuvHa'  vIHechbe'chu'.     poHvaD  Dochmey puS  vIyu'.

tutuv 'e' vItlhobqu'   'ej  tuyaj 'e'  vItlhobqu'.    muquvlaH  neH  Hoch
qIchgrachmey.

batlh  Satlho'!

Ken

Back to archive top level