tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 14 13:00:16 1996

KEVE Role Playing

I don't know if this is "off topic", but the KEVE, and activities
therein has recently taken space on this listing.

Kaylar has stated that users of the MUSH should stay in character,
but has misgivings regarding what appears to be, if I understand the
jargon correctly, "mating".

As I understand it, Klingons don't have many inhibitions about such
practices, nor do they waste much time.(PK)

Therefore, if as Kaylar quite rightly says, members of the KEVE stay
in Klingon character this sort of thing is obviously "in character".
What isn't in character, is using somebody elses room, which I
understand, has to be virtually  paid for. This seems to me to be
dishonorable. Also if the KEVE has rules that do not allow mating in
the KEVE, this would also make it dishonorable and therefore a taboo.

Most Klingonists on this listing who have listened to Power Klingon
would regard 'IH jaj qar'a' as a meaningless phrase.

Depends on your perspective. If I hear  a Klingon female say this to
her companion, I immediately start checking my blood temperature,
and consider whether I have to wash my hair now. Just in case she
starts purring like a Helenian Mynx. Klingons have to be prepared
for such occurances - they can happen at any time, anywhere. Or so PK
leads one to believe.

Hoch 'ebmey tIjon
lumbe' tlhInganpu'

jaj