tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 13 06:24:52 1996

RE: To greet or not to greet? Revisited

sajatlh (or perhaps more correctly: saghItlh)

Sorry to jump in on this discussion, especially since this is my first post, but I seem to
remember seeing somewhere that another greeting that could be used is qajatlh (I'm talking to
you), and perhaps by extrapolation qaghItlh (I'm writing to you) on paper, email, etc.

This seems to make sense as a way for a Klingon to begin a conversation of whatever sort.
It's short, direct, and to the point, but still serves to get the other's attention.

Has anyone else seen this in print?

Qapla'

TH

Back to archive top level