tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 12 11:58:42 1996

Rampant Puncuation

Okay, I have a question that has been on my mind for quite a while and I'm sure
has been up for discussion on this list before, but I just gotta get it out:

Should English punctuation be used in the context of tlhIngan Hol?  You see it
quite a bit on the list here, but in the strictest sense, shouldn't punctuation
be implied by the context of the sentence structure?  I agree that Hamlet
(though I don't have a copy myself) would no doubt be difficult to translate and
read without it (as stated by SuStel), but is it correct?

Dave S.

[Sorry, bangteH.  ;-)  I'm not an elitist -- honest!  At least I don't *think* I
am...]

Back to archive top level