tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 06 10:09:39 1996

Re: Culture and terran's

At 01:17 AM 5/6/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I was wondering how Humans rate in the Klingon society.  Are they treated as
>equals when they attain honour?

Well, on the Power Klingon tape, the Terran is looked apon better when he
speaks Klingon and acts as Klingons do. An instance during the {mu'qaD veS}
"curse warfair", the Terran says {Hab SoSlI' Quch}, shocking the Klingons,
it's explained that the Terran joined a ancient Klingon game and knew how to
play.

>Is the honour given to terran's the same as
>honour given to Klingon's?

Honor goes to the one that deserves it, in so far as to say that, Klingons
prever, like the French, that people speak their language and know their
customs, unlike the French, some do know Federation Standard. When you
follow a custom or use the language, you are automaticly see as an honorable
person, even if you are only a Terran. (c;{{{

>Is there a sort of "untouchable" racial
>distinction for some terran's that means that Klingon's will have nothing to
>do with such a person?

Not as far as I know, but you must naturaly be honorable, otherwise you
don't exist to the honorable.

>How willing are Klingon's to introduce Terran's into
>their society?

Very unwilling, Terrans are not Klingons, thus get no information on any
thing outside of tourist attractions. Don't forget that the Klingons live in
conditions that make it seem as if they are at war. They trust no one, this
is why , to gain their trust, you must be an honorable person.

>Are the Terran's less likely to be incorporated into the
>Klingon society than other races?

It's possible that the Klingons would not to incorporate (sounds to much
like assimilate) any Humaniods, if they would deside to I think Terrans may
be acceptable, after all K'Ehleyr was half Terran, but she did get killed.

(I doubt Ferengi would get in before Human's).

You are probably right their, they bring dishonor on the feren, but IMHO I
think that a chosen few will be allowed to remain citizens of {Qo'noS} or
any other Klingon planet, but of those few a number will leave, not being
able to stand the hardship.

>Just some of the many questions that go through my mind...

Just glad the come out on the paper.

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level