tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 03 08:16:28 1996

Re: Names

>From the keyboard of [email protected]

> >Not that I have a leg to stand on, but I'm distressed by the number of
> >"names" that end with {-wI'}.  Names don't have to be nouns; they don't
> >even have to be translatable.  (Though it is handy if they are able to
> >be *pronounced*.)

[ discussion of some _great_ names deleted ]

> Despite this, I still think the award for the best chosen name so far goes to
> {qu'}.  Not only does he (a) pick a one-syllable name which seems very
> Klingon, and (b) get to describe himself as fierce, but he also (c) gets to
> have a name which is essentially an exclamation point!  The double entendre
> (check my spelling here) is classic!

qatlho'
I kinda like it, myself.  }:-)  And, it does quite a good job of
describing me.  Plus, I've had the nickname "q" for a very long time,
(longer than John deLancie :-) so the similarity is a bonus!

My feeling is that the "best" Klingon name for each person is _highly_
_subjective_, but one which describes you is not a bad start.

qu'

--
.  Joe Steger ([email protected])  ([email protected])                 .
.  "I see nothing!  I hear nothing!  I know nothing!" -- Hans Schultz  .

Back to archive top level