tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 22 19:56:55 1996

Re: conjunctions

Lenny writes:
>        can I use "puq yaS je ra'wI' je" to say "the child and the offizer
>and the commander"?

You can, and your translation is right on the mark, with the extra "and"
appearing.  It seems that the common way to use conjunctions with more
than two nouns is simply to list the nouns and follow them with a single
conjunction: {puq yaS ra'wI' je} means "the child, the officer, and the
commander."  But we don't (yet) think that the way you propose is wrong.