tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 22 03:41:26 1996

Re: Lovecraft's Couplet

Sorry about the delay in the reply to this one. Upon reading it, I
found myself in serious need of some counselling due to several
failed SAN rolls.

Matt-5, Ne'er-do-well, wrote:

>This is my attempt at translating H.P. Lovecraft's couplet:
>'That is not dead which can eternal lie
> And with strange eons even death may die.'

>Heghpu'be' not mevbogh poH qaStaHvIS QotlaHbogh Doch'e',
>'ej cheghDI' bov'a'mey Hujqu', chaq HeghchoHlaH HeghDaj le'.

>What's the verdict?

The stars must be right at last ... it's the beginning of the end ...

bIHeghDI' bIHegh net tlhojpa' veqlargh 'e' SI'tovalqorDaq bIpawjaj

Alex.
"Oh, my God, Professor! It's rampaging down 42nd Street! Guns won't stop it!" - nameless assistant
"I have a theory ... call me a fool if I'm wrong, but ... maybe if you were to load the guns with bullets ..." - Professor Commonsense
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level