tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 16:18:48 1996

Re: KLBC Preguntas

In a message dated 96-02-13 01:45:19 EST, janSIy wrote:

>Actually this in not approximate, just inaccurate.  I think the point of
>the "never approximate" statement is that a Klingon would never say
>something like, "It's about 33%."  They would simply say, "It's 33%," and
>let you deal with trying to figure out of it's actually 1/3 or exactly
>33/100.

No, I was being approximate, as in imprecise.  I'm right, but not exactly
right.  However, I chided myself because a Klingon would not see it this way.
 If you state something, you're stating it exactly, and you're not "almost
right."  A Klingon would see it as inaccurate.  It all depends on your point
of view.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96123.1

Back to archive top level