tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 09:04:48 1996

Re: Klingon IRC

>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 03:54:54 -0800
>From: "Lord Havelock Sinister" <[email protected]>

>I don't know about the IRC channels. I tried contacting the MUSH
>through telnet, but it wouldn't let me in.

Did you get a "login:" prompt and a warning about how the machine is owned
by Whispering Wolf, Inc or something?  Then you probably telnetted to the
wrong port.  The MUSH runs on KLI.org, like the ftp site and the www site
and the mailing list.  They are distinguished by which port they run on.
Make sure you're telnetting to port 2218.  On UNIX systems, that means the
command is "telnet mush.kli.org 2218".  On some systems (VMS?), you use
"telnet mush.kli.org /port=2218".  On other systems there are other ways.
Check with your local guru for how to connect to a non-standard port in
telnet on your system.

~mark

Back to archive top level