tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 17 21:36:16 1996

RE: KLBC: Joints

> > Can <-Daq> be used for locating things other than in the "area above" or
> > "area below" and such?  Would <DesDaq qIv> be possible for "knee"?
>
> I believe that {-Daq} cannot be used as part of a noun phrase (at least, I
> don't think it has been used that way so far).  It functions with the sentence
> as a whole.

	So, you're saying we shouldn't break new ground here.  OK...
assuming we *wanted* to call the elbow the "knee of the arm", how would
one go about this?

	Here's a second try at "elbow":

	<DeSDaq SIHwI'>
	area of the arm that bends

HIja'?  ghobe'?

 / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
 \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'
     \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level