tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 07 16:12:44 1996

Re: yuch

An even more curious state of affairs is why the klingons have a word for
cockroach <vetlh>.  Roaches are Earth bugs also.  But then perhaps they
hitched a ride to Kronos hiding in the crates of imported chocolate.

----------
> From: Oliver Pereira <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: yuch
> Date: Saturday, December 07, 1996 6:40 PM
>
> > > how should i say praying mantis
> > Like this: "praying mantis."  Unless there is a variety of praying
mantis in
> > the Klingon Empire (I always thought they were indigenous to Earth),
the
> > Klingons won't have a word for it.
>
> I've always wondered why there is a Klingon word for chocolate (yuch). Is
> it real Terran chocolate (maybe the Klingons import it?) or is it just
the
> nearest Klingon equivalent? Of course, this is a really stupid question,
> so no-one has to reply.
>
> 'olIva'

> | Oliver PEREIRA  | [email protected]    ***VIVU ESPERANTO!***  |
> | Selwyn College, | See the Cambridge Esperanto Group's web page at  |
> | Cambridge       | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/etg10/keg.html     |
> | CB3 9DQ         | It's really good! (Because I didn't write it.)   |

Back to archive top level