tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 30 10:30:55 1996

Re: KLBC: Thinking and compounding

qaSDI' 96-08-30 12:19:56 EDT, jatlh beHwI"av:

> <Thinking>
>
>  jIH jIQubmoHbogh
>  jIQub jIHmoHtaHbogh
>
>  SKI: I think which causes me to be
>  SKI: I am which causes me to think

*groan*  I am sooo sorry I *ever* tried to do that "I think therefore I am"
idea.  Too many people have misinterpreted my intentions.  I hope you don't
mind, trI'Qal, but I feel a bit responsible for this one, and would like to
try to correct my mistake.

First off, anyone who remembers my idea of "I think therefore I am," (which I
will *NOT* repost here) please remember that I was suggesting something to
illustrate a philosophical concept, not correct grammar.  Kind of like using
{-ghach} without an intervening verb suffix.  It was not meant to be taken
too seriously.  Rather, I was hoping a few people would rub their chins
thoughtfully, and say, "Oh yeah!  Look at that!  Neat!" and then go back to
speaking grammatically correct Klingon.

I really couldn't follow your Klingon without the translations.  The first
one looks like "Me.  Which I cause to think."  The second seems to be "I
think.  Which I continually cause am."  Even trying out some funky
constructions of the kind I was toying with before, I couldn't read these.

As far as actually expressing these concepts with *grammatical* Klingon, I
really have no clear ideas.  There were some good ideas in that thread, and I
encourage anyone *who wants to read about a poetic and essentially
ungrammatical* way to say this to look up the "I think therefore I am" thread
in the Web page archives.  And to save poor trI'Qal, who was not reading the
list when this thread was going on, the headache of trying to figure out what
all of this is about, I highly recommend that further discussion of "I think
therefore I am" not be posted as a KLBC question.

Sorry if this sounds a bit terse (well, for a human).  I am just worried that
this idea is getting out of control.

SuStel
Stardate 96664.5

Back to archive top level