tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 22 18:15:40 1996

KLBC: help with introduction

Given the recent changing of the guard, I am reposting this question,
originally posted on 8/7:

I would like some help translating the following into tlInghan Hol:

"I am Lietenant Kreth, of the Federation Starship Aurora."

I play a sim character who has left the Empire due to what he feels is
the corruption evident in the High Council, and the assassination of
most of his family by a rival house. Recently, his ship has had several
dealings with Klingon ships, as we patrol near the border. This is what
I have come up with so far:

Sogh Qetlh jIH, DIvI''ejDo' *Aurora*-vo'

According to TKD, DIvI'may'Duj is "Federation battle cruiser" so I
assumed I would want to use DIvI''ejDo' for Federation starship. I am
somewhat confused on the usage of -vo' (from). I'm sure I've done a
pretty good job of butchering this phrase, and would appreciate any
help. Would it be more appropriate to translate Aurora into Klingon
phonemes, to help with the general flow of the sentence, or would it
best be left as is, as it's a non-tlInghan word?

Qapla'
Qetlh
--

Back to archive top level