tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 22 11:26:47 1996

Re: British Klingon! (Interview with Okrand)

Niall Hosking wrote:
> In summary, there is some new vocabulary (at least, new usages [a la
> TKW])

> wo' tay'                United Kingdom (n)
 a.k.a. "The Together Empire".  Coool, man. :)

> chop                    kiss (n)
It was a verb, not a noun; also, I don't see it as being a general
word for "kiss".  Seems a cultural thing - Klingons bite where we would
kiss, but that doesn't mean that they call kissing "biting".  They
probably have a word for this curious Human custom, if only so they
can make fun of it.  Then again, Worf seems to have taken to it
rather well . . .

> ghaytanHa'              unlikely, not likely (adv)
Yet another adverb you can invert with {-Ha'}.

> ghew                    "Cricket" (n)
> tach                    pub (n)
I don't see this as any different from the given definition of
"bar, saloon, cocktail lounge".

> Day                     Di (n) (name)
I wouldn't call a phonetic transcription new vocabulary. :)

-marqoS

Back to archive top level