tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 22 00:47:50 1996

Re: canon WAS Re: KSRP: Klingon animals

  "William H. Martin" <[email protected]> wrote:-
> Face it. We don't even know how to PRONOUNCE these non-Okrandian mu'meyqoq
> [which are in the `Kahless' book]. Why the facination for these useless
> syllables? They are not used in anything like complete sentences. ...

Most of what happened in the "Kahless" book is simply that its author needed
Klingon words for species of trees and animals, which TKD is short of, as
Okrand naturally concentrated on spacemen's language. So, e.g. needing a
Klingon for "ox" (for milk and haulage, an important farm animal in the
pre-industrial times when some of the events are set), he invented the word
{minn'hor}; and likewise for various Qo'noSian crops and trees. If Okrand
authorises them some time in the future, then he does; if not, then not.

Back to archive top level