tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 21 14:49:19 1996

KLBC: Order of nouns about 'oH, etc

I write:
>> Isn't it a little better to answer a question about one noun
>> by emphasizing a -new- noun?

>"What's your name?"
>
>"My name?  You want to know my name?  I'll tell you my name.  My name is
>Corey."
>
>That's essentially what I mean.  This would be {*Corey* 'oH pongwIj'e'}.

But that would be saying "My name, not my parrot, not my spam, is Corey".
Apologies for the silly example. To emphasize the actual name, which is
really what the other person wants to know, you'd put the {-'e'} on that..
{pongwIj'e' 'oH *Corey*'e'}

Maybe some people aren't used to this, as the word order is then the same
as in English...

Qapla'
  / Daniel Peter Noll                     / [email protected]   /
 / Truth Seeker                          / http://mailhost.net/~fprefect /
/ batlhHa' vanglu'taHvIS quv chavbe'lu' / Finger for Geek Code          /

Back to archive top level