tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 20 03:25:00 1996

Re: Movie Klingon

> Actually, it should be "*Corey* 'oH pongwIj'e'".

Sheesh, here's the naming 'problem' again.  Wouldn't {*Corey* 'oH pongwIj'e'}
be "My name, as opposed to something else, is Corey", whereas {pongwIj 'oH
*Corey*'e'} would be "My name is Corey (not something else)"?

Methinks the second describes the general idea of giving yourself a name fairly
well, whereas the first is almost pointless [cringe, ready for attack].

Qapla'
  / Daniel Peter Noll                     / [email protected]   /
 / Truth Seeker                          / http://mailhost.net/~fprefect /
/ batlhHa' vanglu'taHvIS quv chavbe'lu' / Finger for Geek Code          /

Back to archive top level