tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 19 03:26:34 1996

Re: KLBC?: De'wI' mughghachmey (Computer Translations)

d'Armond Speers wrote:
\ Of course, /ghItlhwI'/ means "thing which prints" as much as it means
"one
\ who prints."  For clarity, my first impulse would have been
/ghItlhbogh
\ jan/, but I like the terseness of /ghItlhwI'/.  Sort of parallels
/So'wI'/
To say nothing of the English "printer", which can also mean either
"thing which prints' or "one with prints"; we seem to have no difficulty
with the ambiguity here, so why worry about it in Klingon?

-marqoS

Back to archive top level