tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 17 21:02:42 1996

Camp Dover Peace Conference 1997

Forgive me for not jumping onto this thread sooner, but I haven't recieved the
list since the 8th.  I just caught up via the Web site's archives.

The Camp Dover Peace Conference is held in New Philidelphia, Ohio, in the US.
New Philidephia is located in eastern Ohio, about an hour south of Canton.
It's called "Camp Dover" because (1) the group sponsoring the con is
headquartered in Dover Ohio, three minutes north of New Philidelphia; (2) the
con was named after the "Camp Khitomer Peace Conference" of ST VI; and (3)
"Camp New Philidelphia" is way too long!

1997 will be the sixth year Camp Dover is held.  While this convention is
billed as a Peace Conference and all Star Trek clubs are welcome, it is put on
by the IKV Doomslayer (once a KAG ship and now with the KAF) - so Klingons
have always been in the majority.

Camp Dover is only mildly structured: there's always something on the agenda
but a lot of folks go more to schmooze than to attend panels.  Don't expect a
huge dealer's room; I think there were maybe five dealers this year...

I've attended the last three Camp Dovers; I'll probably attend next year's as
well (no promises, though).  HoD trI'Qal, if I do go I'd like to link up with
you for a "Power Klingon" lunch again.  <g>

Tickets were (IIRC) $36 for the weekend, which included the big banquet
Saturday night.  No guarantees on what they'll be next year.  The hotel was a
Days Inn, but they went to the third overflow hotel by the beginning of April.
 Book early if you're going.

|                         la' Qob sutai-qutvaj                          |
|                    tlhIngan wo' Duj quttaj ra'wI'                     |
| Qojbogh tlhIngan ghom, maS Hurgh yo', *Northern* jogh, jogh boQDu''a' |
|                  === tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI' ===                  |
|Fido: Bill Willmerdinger, 1:2613/477.1701  E-mail: [email protected] |

... G=Guns, PG=Plenty of Guns, PG-13=More than 12 guns...

Back to archive top level