tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 16 18:29:47 1996

Re: Re[2]: qep'a' highlights

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 04:07:59 -0700 Frank M Truelove
<[email protected]> wrote:
> "There is a growing
feeling of elistism on the list, one which threatens (some
> might say has already succeeded in) polarizing us into two camps."
>      I hate to say <qaja'> but <qaja'>
>
> "rather than looking upon the more fluent language users as snobs see them as an
> inspiration and as affirmations that it can indeed be done."
>      while this is perfectly true, and good advice, it is important to point
>      out that beginners and "advanced beginners" don't consider the experts
>      to be snobs because of their expertise, they consider elitists to be
>      snobs because of their evidenced bearing.  The bearing may be pretense
>      in the name of "being Klingon" but it accomplishes nothing productive.

qatlh junoHlaw'? bIbepmo' ghu'maj DaDub 'e' DaHar'a'? jIHvaD Hoch jabbI'IDmeylIj Daqonbe'.
SoHvaD Hoch jabbI'IDmeywIj vIqonnIS qatlh 'e' DaHar? naDev HochvaD Daqmey lutu'lu'. DaqwIj
Dange' 'e' DanIDQo'.

> More Acts of
> --bangteh

Back to archive top level