tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 16 03:24:34 1996

Re: Movie Klingon

From: "Donald E. Vick" <[email protected]>
> I'm watching ST:VI, and tyring to follow some of the Hol.
> When the diplomatic party is preparing to return to Qo'noS wa',
> chang says into his communicator, <DaH macheH!>

The line you're looking for is "DaH machegh".  {H} and {gh} sound
very much alike; the only difference between them is vocalization,
the same difference between {p} and {b}, or English f and v, t and d,
k and g, etc. Something to keep in mind when trying to interpret
spoken Klingon.

-marqoS

Back to archive top level