tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 15 20:12:52 1996

Re: Movie Klingon

At 07:46 PM 8/15/96 -0700, Donald E. Vick wrote:
>OK, I know that movie Klingon sucks, but I gotta ask.

Actually, some of the movie Klingon is some of the better spoken Hol we
have. (IMHO)

>I'm watching ST:VI, and tyring to follow some of the Hol.
>When the diplomatic party is preparing to return to Qo'noS wa', chang says into
>his communicator, <DaH macheH!>. Is that what he said? "Now we defect" might
>make sense but it's a stretch.  The only other thing i can make out of that is
><majeH> which is worse.

If you are talking about the scene I think you are (which you might not; it
has been a long time since I wathced that one), I clearly heard <DaH mamej>,
which makes a lot more sense.  But that's just me...

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level