tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 15 20:00:44 1996

Re: Klingon-American :(

At 06:16 PM 8/15/96 -0700, beHwI''av wrote:
>At 10:10 AM 15/8/96 -0700, ~mark wrote:
[...]
>>metropolis isn't a "something else" from a city; it's a qualitatively
>>augmented one.  Your distintion of "-'a'" vs "tIn" and "-Hom" vs "mach" is
>>well-said and important; I think that's what you meant by "something else."
>>After all, we know that "Duy'a'" is an ambassador while "Duy" is an agent
>>or emissary... but I strongly doubt that this means that it's impossible to
>>have a physically large agent or a physically small ambassador!
>
>No, this would just be a definition of rank, but what would you then call
>the differance between {HoD'a'} and {HoDHom}? Would it just be something
>like the differance between comanding officer (with the rank captian) and
>first officer (with the rank captain). Or would it be the same as the ranks
>first lieutenant and second lieutenant???

Um... reH DujDaq wa' HoD neH tu'lu'.

_reH_!

At least, anywhere *I've* ever been this is so...  Heh.

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level