tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 15 19:39:00 1996

Re: KLBC: History....

At 02:16 AM 8/15/96 -0700, dpNoll wrote:

>>> Hmm, wonder why it's not "luqon."
>
>> Me too... Clipped Klingon?
>
>Considering that it's a proverb, I'm not suprised that it does not conform
>(remember MO's excuse for one of the other anomalies?) to the general
>grammar.

I prefer to find an "existing" reason, rather than to go saying "LOOK!  NEW
GRAMMAR!"  Or worse, "Okrand forgot it again! :("

Saying that it is "clipped" explains this using the rules we already have. :)

>On the other hand, maybe using the single when the actual noun is quite
>clearly plural means that "conquerors in general", like "the conqueror".

Hm... this is an interesting theory... I will be interested to see where the
debate on it goes... *props her feet up, and starts munching popcorn as she
waits for the show...*

>lapQa' (sorry about that, just saw the "anagrams" MPFC episode :) )

Uh... I didn't understand any of this.  I realize that lapQa' is a
perversion of Qapla', but I don't understad "anagram" or MPFC.  Private
email is fine ([email protected])

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level