tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 12 20:45:57 1996

RE: KLBC: Bible translation

A.Appleyard
Monday, August 12, 1996 2:40 AM

>Greek <is> the original language of the New Testament. Jesus preached in
>Aramaic; but we only have a few of his words in Aramaic, the rest in Greek.

I had read somewhere that some scholars believe that the gospels were written
in Hebrew and translated into Greek/Aramaic.  Something about the way certain
words / phrase appear in the Greek that don't jive with the normal means of
expression from Aramaic or something like that.

Make going back to the sources a little more interesting huh!

Back to archive top level