tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 03 09:23:44 1996

Re: KLBC:yI

This is to Dixon:

Okay, I see the KLBC in the header, so I'll leave the grammatical stuff
to the BG... but seeing as to that you're a fellow Canadian (eh?) I'll
respond to your post.  BTW what is "yI"?

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Dixon wrote:

> jIwa'maH Soch *Nova Scotia, Canada* jIyIn jImusha tlhIngan hol
> tun vImojpu' ghojjen jIjaH De'wI' jIchamwI'

wa'maH Hut DISvaD jIyIn.  "Mississauga, Ontario, Canada"Daq juHwIj
tu'lu'.  Sumchuq "Mississauga", "Toronto" je.  tlhIngan Hol vImuSHa'qu'
je!  {tun vImojpu'} vIyajbe'.  "High school"vaD "ghojjen" Dajatlh'a'?
Dochvam vIjatlhtaHvIS, {DuSaQ} vIlo'.  'ej "University" vIjatlh
vIneHchugh, {DuSaQ'a'} vIlo'.  qaSDI' "September", "Toronto" DuSaQDaq
vIghoj. (That's U of T.) De'wI' chamwI' Damoj DaneH'a'?  majQa'!  {jonwI'
QeD} (Engineering Science) vIghojmeH DuSaQ vIghoS.  De'wI' jonwI' vImoj
vIneHchu'!

> This is an attempt to write a bit i hope it makes sense.

majQa'!  It made sense, except for {tun vImojpu'}.  Your grammar needs a
little work, here's a hint: Don't think in English!  I know bits of
several languages, so what I do is I try to see if my sentence makes
sense in general, or only in English.  BTW I'm pretty much of a beginner
as well.  Talk to me, about anything, we can practise our Hol together!

> Qapla'

qajatlh vaj jIquv!

> qeq

 dave yeung