tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 05 00:22:13 1996

< Qa'pla > (was Re: )

At 07:52 PM 8/4/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi, I'm brand new and only just bought the books/tapes the other day.  I
>will endeavour to catch up and learn as fast as I can.
>

>Qa'pla! (Is that spelt right?),
>
>Richard Harrison,

Well, you have all the right letters, but the apostrophe-looking character
is as important to Klingon as, say, the letter 'e' is to English.  It isn't
moved around lightly.  Neither is capitalization trifled with since it, too,
conveys information bout the word you intend to use.  For example, the
letter q and the letter Q are to different sounds in Klingon

The correct spelling is

                Qapla'

It's great that you're coming into our little family and I hope you continue
to learn more and more Klingon.

           Eric Koske, Register Data Systems, Register Communications

            WPGA AM 980, FM 100.9, and TV Channel 58  Macon, Georgia
    Computer Tech, Tech Support, Archbishop of Phones, Fledgling Programmer
              1619 Forsyth St., Macon, GA  31210     (912)745-5858
                      http://www.hom.net/~regcomm/wpgatv/

Back to archive top level