tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 21 10:49:52 1995

Re: Analysis of {mo'taq lut}

>Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 11:47:46 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected]

>A.Applyard wrote:

>>For "with honor" I am tempted to suggest {batlhtlhej} = >"honor-accompany".

>You should know by now how this type of suggestion will be received, Anthony.
> There's no rule in Klingon grammar that will allow you to combine a noun or
>adverb /batlh/ with a verb /tlhej/.  You can't do it.

True.  Moreover, would "tlhej" even be the right verb?  But more
importantly than that, there already IS a way to say "with honor".  The
*adverb* "batlh" means "honorably" or "with honor" or "in an honorable
fashion."

Look to what's correct in the language before you go insisting on
introducing the incorrect.

~mark

Back to archive top level