tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 15 10:14:59 1995

Re: qeylIs ghaH 'Iv?

"Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]> writes:
\ >Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 04:33:18 -0500
\ >Originator: [email protected]
\ >From: "A.Appleyard" <[email protected]>
\
\ >Excuse my ignorance, but is Kahless/qeylIs a Klingon alive at the time of the
\ >Star Trek events, or a legendary ancient hero, or a god, or what? Which book
\ >or episode describes Kahless and the legends that seem to exist about him?
\
\ The story referred to was told in a Star Trek episode (don't ask me which,
\ I'm no good at this... someone will surely post it soon).  Kahless is a
\ cultural hero of Klingon culture, and nearly a religious one as well
\ (legends about his return exist, etc).  He lived hundreds or thousands of
\ years before Star Trek events.

Kahless first appeared in the original Star Trek episode "The Savage Curtain",
as one of several historical figures (also including Abraham Lincoln and Surak,
the father of Vulcan philosophy).  He was on the "bad guy" side of a
"good vs. evil" war staged by an alien for experimental purposes.

In ST:TNG, Worf has mentioned Kahless several times and in one episode
told a myth featuring him, but I don't recall which episode that was.

-marqoS
--
Mark J. Reed
Email: [email protected] - Voice: +1 404 315 6296 x158 - Fax: +1 404 315 0293

Back to archive top level