tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 15 09:09:20 1995

Re: qeylIs ghaH 'Iv?

>Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 04:33:18 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "A.Appleyard" <[email protected]>

>Excuse my ignorance, but is Kahless/qeylIs a Klingon alive at the time of the
>Star Trek events, or a legendary ancient hero, or a god, or what? Which book
>or episode describes Kahless and the legends that seem to exist about him?

The story referred to was told in a Star Trek episode (don't ask me which,
I'm no good at this... someone will surely post it soon).  Kahless is a
cultural hero of Klingon culture, and nearly a religious one as well
(legends about his return exist, etc).  He lived hundreds or thousands of
years before Star Trek events.

~mark

Back to archive top level