tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 12 07:56:06 1995

Song Translation

 uu> From: ur-valhalla!peabody.sct.ucarb.com!asewpo1 (Steve Weaver)
 uu> Subject: Song Translation

 uu> I do envy your skill at translation into the real language ... er,
 uu> Hol. I hope I can be as good in a few years to do that as well (Steve
 uu> begins chanting O-V-S, O-V-S, several times).

I found that, if you start by memorizing small sentences (say from "Power
Klingon") and then use them as a template and substitute words, you can learn
a number of handy sentences quickly.

It also helps if you are a KLI member and really *read* HolQeD.

Finally, you need a thick skin, because ~mark, charghwI', and (when he was
posting) Krankor *will* do their jobs, and tear your work apart...  <g>

 >God help me, but I found myself trying to translate "I Want to Hold Your
 > Hand" the other night.

 uu> Why does that conjure up images of dismemberment and collecting "war
 uu> trophies" ?? Must be my Worf'ed ....er warped sense of humor.

Hmmm...  perhaps I ought to do some re-wording of that song...  I feel a filk
coming on!

Qob

+ Sogh Qob vestai-qutvaj    Second Officer, Communications Officer    +
+                           IKV Crystal Dagger                        +
+ KLI member since 1994!    Northern Quadrant, Dark Moon Fleet, KAG   +
+ Internet: [email protected]        +
+ Fidonet : Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701                      +

... May the blood of a thousand tribbles stain your fingers!

Back to archive top level