tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 08 13:02:06 1995

Re: To: Wouter Re: qagh, Romulan Ale and ro'qegh'Iwchab -reply

Wouter,

Sorry to everyone if this is a repeat - mail trouble.

> < > < > Yes, but as it is not a group of friends (i.e. several are not known to
> < > < > us) partying, it is not so good an idea to make it TOO alcoholic...
> < > < Ha! Call yourself Klingons?? :)
> < > I do, the rest don't :)
> < Heheh, were they just in it for the party?
> Or use the party as excuse to watch the episodes...
Could be :)

> < > < > Nope, it's 2/3/1995 (stardate 05169.8). So you still have 2 days :)
> < > < On my way?!?!
> < > < How did you figure that stardate...is it a standard method for the KLI
> < > < Mailing List?
> < > < If not, perhaps we should set a standard.
> < > The first digit is the century (20-century = 0, 25-century=5).
> < > The second digit is the season.
> < > Rest is the part of the year (????th day/365 * 100).
> < > The digit after the point is the part of the day (8/10 == approx 18.00)
> < Yeah, I heard that the production team used a similae method. So thats how
> < you got your dates beginning with 0. What about the season - we only have
> < 5(?) and exactly 12 months so what do you use?
> We just defined it as 5..
I don't understand the day part. How did you get this?
Also, could the 5 part e.g. 0*5* be the year?? If so, how do you distinguish
between 1955 and 1995???
Please help my feeble mind becuase I have often wanted to use Stardates.

> < > < Am I right in thinking that youre from Holland???
> < > We prefer it as The Netherlands, but yes.
> < Ok then, The Netherlands. Why do you prefer that?
> It's like callling the UK Great Britain. Holland is a part of the
> Netherlands but not the whole. (and not the most important to me either
> [I do not live in Holland :)]).
Oh, what else is in the Netherlands, I dropped Geography!?!

> < > < Hmm, I just seem to remember someone being from there.
> < > < If you do live there, I thought you would be going all out, you know a real
> < > < loud, rousy party.
> < > < At least, thats the image we all get of Holland here.
> < > Of course we can party here too, but this was more of a 'get together
> < > and look StarTrek episodes'.
> < So which was your favourite? Did you watch ALL the Klingon episodes?
> < I like "A Matter of Honor", where Riker served on the klingon ship but I
> < know there were loads of much better ones.
> < Don't you think Gowron is great the way he keeps his eyes so open - he looks
> < quite creepy for a Klingon.
> I like all Klingon episodes, but we only played the best double
> episodes (Unification and the like).
What about the season 7 episode where Alexander comes back from the future
to change himself, the title escapes me.

Qapla'

|   Lt.Cmdr. Karl Dyson   |            \ \      / /   ~
|[email protected]|==========/~~` `~~~~~~~|   Chief Science Officer

Back to archive top level