tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 26 19:42:52 1995

Re: Re PetaQ

Going through some old messages I discovered this:

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> > I came up with "be'taH"  ...  therefore I wish to once again
> > enter my opinion that it is a Negative Woman.
>
> A woman at a negative angle makes me think of someone lying on a
> situp-bench, with her head below her feet.  Um, maybe that does
> indicate something in Klingon culture, but  ...

That's it!  Another medical term!  We now know how to say
"Trendelenburg's Position".  And I think I understand it's use in this
situation.  When someone goes into shock the best thing you can do is put
them into the Trendelenburg position (remember, if the face is pale, lift
the tail).  Maybe calling a woman be'taH means that they can't stand pain
or injury.

I've been studying for my med boards too hard!

janSIy

Back to archive top level