tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 23 08:40:41 1995

Re: A short story

According to Bill Willmerdinger:

> The idea for this came to me at work today (yes, I was that bored).  I tried
> to write this without using any suffixes to maintain the rhyme <g> but I had
> to use one.  Let me know what you think; I *believe* that I got them all.
>
> Hatlh ghatlh Qu'vatlh.  Qatlh Satlh.  'ach, matlh wa' vatlh latlh 'ej batlh
> jatlh.  watlh patlhchaj.  qatlh ratlh Qovpatlh?

wejpuH.

Actually, this is rather impressive. Unfortunately, you seem to
treat all curses as nouns. While this is true of epithets like
{Qovpatlh}, it is not true of exclammations like {Qu'vatlh},
which stand alone as sentences. Think of them as similar to
{ghobe'} or {HIja'}. They are verbal responses to a situation.
They do not normally belong as parts of other sentence.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \