tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 21 01:41:20 1995

Re: "It was raining hard"

>{leng DIl raQpo' lalth 'e' vIpoQ} (I require that another passenger pays
>for a trip) is two sentences.  The first sentence, {leng DIl raQpo'
>lalth} is the object of the second sentence, {'e' vIpoQ}.  This is called a
>sentence-as-object construction.  {'e'} is a pronoun representing the
>first sentence as a whole and indicate that that sentence is the object of
>{vIpoQ}.  (See Sec. 6.2.5.)
>
>yoDtargh

   This is getting frustrating, I keep making the same mistakes over and
over. It's mainly that I don't know English worth a crap which is probably
why I have such a tough time with tlhIngan Hol sentence structure, I can't
pick out the different sections from an English sentence, more or less a
Klingon one.  Anyway, If you'll all continue to put up with my questions
over and over, I'll keep giving it my best shot to learn it.   Thank you!

Jim

Back to archive top level