tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 19 08:12:34 1995

"It was raining hard"

  Can someone help me out here,  I'm ATTEMPTING another translation (Taxi by
Harry Chapin)  and I'm already having problems (first two lines :) ) This is
what I've come up with so far..

It was raining hard in 'Frisco,
*'Frisco* jevlI' 'oH                      (Note the * here, I'm glad I asked
about it!)

I needed one more fare to make my night.
mevpa' jIH Qav jIH DIl nuv vISuqnIs

 On the 2nd line I run into my still biggest problem (at least I think it's
my biggest) and that is when it gets more complicated that
object-verb-subject, I blow the structure all to pieces.

Jim

Back to archive top level