tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 15 05:43:35 1995

Re: tlhIngan name for Elizabeth

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995 [email protected] wrote:
> This is not intended to be argumentative, but the name Elizabeth translates
> directly from the Hebrew as "Lively in the house."  The two parts of the name
> of the mother of John (the Baptist) are "Aliza" and "Beth."

Nope, the English is an alteration of elizabel, which indeed means as
reported, Consecrated to God.  The Beth (house) aspect of Elizabeth is
only coincidence.  However, beth does suggest Hol batlh (honor)...
Possibly she might want to build her name around jaw (lord) and batlh to
express something like Honoring the Lord.....

jawbatlh?

<[email protected]> #1 910 759 5532, fax -6142 ..Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager            operate in a vacuum, may
Wake Forest University Department of Physics   I at least have a little
7507 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?

Back to archive top level