tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 14 20:51:08 1995

Re: Wanting to know some words

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> nuqneH, all. I've looked over the TKD vocabulary section and some of the
> words, probably having to do with the original series Trek, that I wanted to
> know about. They are Khitomer, Troyius, and the Organian Peace Treaty. Some
> explanations about these words would be appreciated. qatlho'.

Khitomer {QI'tomer} is a planet on the Klingon-Romulan border.  It was
the site of a peace conference held in 2293.  (ST VI)

The Klingons held an outpost on Khitomer and it was attacked by the
Romulans in 2346.  The attack was facilitated by the treachery of Duras'
father, Ja'rod, who give the Romulans the outpost's defense access codes.

Troyius {Doy'yuS} is planet which the Klingons were interested in because of
its large dilithium deposits.  The Dolman of Troyius wore jewelry
decorated with dilithium crystals.  ("Elaan of Troyius", TOS)

Organia {'orghen} or {'orghenya'} was a planet located in the disputed
territory between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.  The Klingons
invaded Organia in 2267.  The Federation sought to intervene and the two
powers declared war on each other.  The Organians, who turned out to be a
highly-advanced race of energy beings, quickly put a stop to the war by
causing the control panels of all the Federation and Klingon vessels to
become too hot to touch.  The Organians then imposed a peace treaty on them
({'orghen rojmab} or {'orghenya' rojmab}) which provided that any planet
disputed between the Federation and the Klingon Empire would be awarded
to whomever could demonstrate that they could develop that planet the best.
("Errand of Mercy", TOS)

> DJ

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level