tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 09 13:17:45 1995

Re: leSpoH'a' wa'mah Soch

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995 yoDtargh wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Jun 1995 [email protected] wrote:
>
> qep'a' vISuchbe'. {{:-( > leSpoH vIghajQo'. Huch vIghajQo'.
>
>You don't want to use {-Qo'} here. When used with basic
>(non-imperative) verb prefixes, it is commonly translated as "won't" and
>denotes refusal:

I thought <-Qo'> was too good to be true.{{:-)   >

snip

>> leSpoH'a' wa'maH Soch Such'a' vay'?
>
>Is "great shore leave 17" a convention?

Yes.  Shore Leave is one of the better fan run cons.  It was mentioned in the ST
special edition of TV Guide.  This is it's 17th year.

>> (The rest is in English cause I need to use future tenses, and I'm not
>> comfortable enough in tlhIngan Hol to try it.)
>
>Klingon verbs do not indicate past, present or future tense. To indicate
>an action taking place in the future, you simply indicate the time or
>use an adverbial.

I knew about the lack of tenses.  But since I wanted to say that something was
happening before an event in the future, I couldn't just state a date.

So, is anybody going?  If going to the qep'a', you'll be in the area...
If you don't want to post in tlhIngan Hol, you can e-mail me in English.

r'Hul

Back to archive top level