tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 08 05:36:04 1995

Q: Poker Terms

I've only just joined the KLI and received HolQeD 4:1

I've got a question about deal/misdeal

Are those terms sanctioned by Okrand? From what I read
in TKD ghomHa' "scatters, disperses" is obviously
ghom "assembles" and -Ha' "undo", so *ghomHa'Ha' is
not grammatical - you cannot "undo wrongly".

I suppose you'd have to distinguish by adverbials,
e.g. chIch ghomHa' "deals" and bong ghomHa' "misdeals".
Those are probably not the best choices but you'd
understand the phrases only if told anyway, so...

And what would you say for suit? Maybe qorDu''a'?
I'm not much of a poker player, why HeDon for "see"
instead of 'ang?

vISovnIS <Skat> wIQujnISmeH tlhIngan jIH je

			Marc 'Dochlangan'

Marc Ruehlaender	[email protected]
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany